- Regardless of physical dimensions, a fine dot
pitch display. My current
screen is a 15” normal (non-widescreen) display SXGA+ which has
been great. That works out at about 116 DPI or a 0.2177mm dot pitch.
It’s well worth whatever it costs extra to get a good built
in display. Screen DPI
- No shiny / reflective display finishes. Quite simply, a
deal breaker. I hate those shiny screens.
- Built in serial port. USB to Serial converters are such a pain.
Having a permanent /dev/ttyS0 makes such a difference.
- A good keyboard, or at least, one that you could type on all day
without causing injury.
- SD card reader.
- Reasonably sized hard drive and lots of memory. Probably more
important than a grunty processor.
- Sensibly positioned USB ports and other sockets. Preferably on the
back, as frequently used ports on the side can be annoying.